Tiffany and Orlando fell in love, eloped and are now expecting the gift of a lifetime: a little girl. The process leading up to this discovery was a humble yet elegant event! I love small events because they show that the simplest things in life can be the most beautiful. Welcome Baby Hayley!
If you're planning on having a small event (15-50 people) and hiring a photographer, keep these special tips in mind:
1. Find a location: locations are extremely important because they require good thought. How much will it be? Will it have good lighting? Will it match my theme or the event?
Something I really appreciated about Tiffany and Orlando's baby reveal was their location. Their home! It was an economical location, no conflicting issues with photo permits, great outdoor lighting, and YES! they were prepared for an August event. It was all held and hosted under a huge terrace. Also, they rented a small tent to extend the terrace area. This kept everyone happy, in perfect light and most importantly: DRY!!!
2. Ask for help: You don't need to hire a planner. There is such thing as asking a friend for help, a close relative or even your very own momma!
Once you guys are both on board, it will be easier to set a date, scroll through Pinterest and get things done... TOGETHER. It makes the process much easier. Not to mention a lot funner (is that even a word?!)
3. Set a time: When selecting a time, choose one that compliments the event that is being hosted.
If its outdoors be careful to not set it at noon when the sun is boiling right above (Not to mention the sun creates serious shadows) rather selected a later time, perhaps 2 or 4 o'clock.
Also, depending on your event, choose whether you want to show up 15 minutes late or already be there while people begin showing up. For bridal showers, engagement parties and even baby showers people prefer to show up after a good amount of people have already been there.
4. Purpose: Ask yourself what the purpose of the event is.
Purpose and motive is everything. If you know what you event is based on its easier to see clearly on what needs to be purchased, borrowed or even created. In this case the purpose was to celebrate the gender of their new adventure.
With that said: decor, food and anything that resembled this event was easier to focus on. Now if this event was a baby shower AND gender reveal, it would have been more complicated to plan because you have to hit multiple angles. Plan different and relevant activities.
5. Find your WOW moment: Yes, just like books and movies, there is a climax AKA a wow moment. Its what beings everything together.
This is the kiss on a wedding day, the blowing of candles on a birthday and in this case a LITERAL pop to reveal the whole reason everyone came together.
WELCOME BABY HAYLEY!!!
6. Enjoy the moment: Don't forget to forget the stress & enjoy your event. It won't happen again.
Yes, something might be forgotten or go wrong. BUT ignore that! Everything happens the way its meant to. ENJOY your event when its finally here, PLUS it looks GREAT in pictures ;)